The Town of Pike Road is pleased to provide the citizens with the best possible services:
- Power- With the expansive geographic territory of the Town of Pike Road, power is available through two partner service providers: Alabama Power and Dixie Electric. The town works closely with each partner provider to ensure efficiency and satisfactory service to the residents.
- Natural Gas- Like our two power providers, there are also two gas providers that service the Town of Pike Road: Alagasco and Southeast Gas. Each partner gas provider works closely with the town to maximize efficiency and provide quality service to the residents.
- Water- Available throughout the Town through the relationship with the Montgomery Water Works and Sewer Board, a private provider with lines in the township.
- Sewer- Available to citizens using two current providers: Montgomery Water Works and Sewer Board and Adenus. Other providers may attempt to enter the Town of Pike Road. There is ample opportunity for expansion. The current philosophy for expansion is based on the user covering the cost for the expansion of service.
- Fire Department/EMA- The Town of Pike Road is pleased to be able to support three well-prepared and fully equipped departments. While all three are classified as volunteer, they are well-trained and have the most current equipment and experience a competitive ISO safety rating. Residents experience lower insurance costs because of the effectiveness of the departments. The town also experiences 24-hour emergency medical response which includes ambulance service. The Town of Pike Road provides 5 mills of property tax to support the fire and rescue efforts. The three volunteer fire departments that service the Town of Pike Road are: Pike Road Fire Department, Rolling Hills Lakes Fire Department and Waugh/Mt. Meigs Fire Department
- Road Maintenance- With on-going growth of the Town of Pike Road, there is a need to be prepared to service the roads on which we travel. This task falls on state, county, and municipal providers. At the municipal level, most of the maintenance and upkeep is relative to new neighborhoods. The streets eventually will be designated as municipal. To provide this service, the town contracts with a private provider. Likewise, to establish priorities and to make sure this is an orderly means for prioritizing the maintenance, the town has a municipal engineer. The town also has a comprehensive traffic plan that was developed through the work of professional traffic engineers.
- Police – The Town of Pike Road works through a partnership with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office to provide law enforcement. From regular traffic patrols to investigation service, the Sheriff’s Office has excellent coverage, great response time and a successful track record. In addition, they provide training for citizens and assist in establishing neighborhood watch programs.
- Sanitation- The work of the Town of Pike Road’s partner in sanitation services, Advanced Disposal, is comparable in scope to most of the municipal offerings in this state. They provide weekly collection of garbage and monthly drop-off for larger items. They are very efficient and allow the town to provide a more convenient location for new residents to get their new garbage can. In addition, because the town does not have to own and maintain equipment, they are reducing overall cost.
- Recycling- with the addition of a new grant, the town is offering an expanded menu of recycling services. There are multiple locations throughout the community where recycled goods may be contributed and will be transported to the appropriate location.